Ad - leaderboard

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Squawk - The perils of hanging around the beach



Sunday, Dec 27 2009
On her morning walk along the ocean this morning, Ginette was struck by a seabird that was flying away from a blackbird of some sort. The impact was soft and fluffy, but the sudden strike and squawk caused most of the supprise. They continued off, over the ocean.

We spent the better part of the afternoon sleeping in hammacks between palm trees by the beach. Idillic to be certain. By 3 we decided to walk to the nearby water park and take a look around. It was quite large and well attended.

At 5PM we are off to the dock for a little fishing. Just a line rolled around a stick and some shrimp on the hook. I immediately caught a crab, but dropped it between the planks of the dock. Almost as quickly I pulled up a small fish that shook itself off the hook before I got my hands on it. My partner (Alex) caught a tiny shark (20 cm long); I couln't believe it at first, but after carefully checking the dorsal and side fins, it was official. All but for the teeth; of course nott all sharks have teeth.

7PM the italian diner was fine; but I was so tired, I just wanted to go to bed. The "train" will be here in 45 minutes. So I'm writing a few notes.

Tomorrow at 7:30 we are off hiking in the jungle to Pico Bonito. This should be exciting.