Ad - leaderboard

Sunday, May 11, 2014

YAY! BIRDS OF PREY 4K (ULTRA HD) 60fps - YouTube

I know I felt this way when HD arrived on YouTube and watched in awe the first Full HD (2K) video on my PC but here I go again.



Another milestone: 4K at 60 fps delivered to my home. Note: 4K 60 fps is almost indistinguishable from reality to the human eye. I saw The Hobbit 4k 48 fps it made regular 24 fps movies look like flickering movies from the early silent era. My eyes were changed forever.



Since Ultra HD at 60 frames per second is not likely to be broadcast OTA or even on CABLE for a long time, YouTube will have years of opportunity in this field. I don't have a UHD 60 fps TV so I can only imagine the result when playing this at home.



Make sure you have an unlimited quota on your Internet service if you intend to watch lots of these videos at full resolution on you 4K screen. Don't have a 4K screen? Don't worry, hardly anyone has one.



If you do have a 4K screen there is now plenty to watch, but most of it is in 30 fps and so the pans are not as smooth as the 60 fps stuff:













BIRDS OF PREY 4K (ULTRA HD) 60fps - YouTube