Ad - leaderboard

Friday, November 18, 2011

Reboot Windows? Again? This is too much.

Every day! Every day it seems my PC must reboot for some reason. It is a serious interruption to my work. The updates should be applied at the end of my work session, not at the beginning! Every time I start my PC I have to suffer some graceless update. Wait till I'm done. Then apply your updates and reboot. It isn't called a personal computer for nothing. Steve
... So, what’s wrong with this picture?
A lot.
Let’s kick off with the whole business of having to reboot after applying updates. If it’s possible toset up Linux so that you never have to reboot the OS to apply patches, then I’m not sure why we’re still having to reboot Windows boxes every time patches roll in. 
...
Why can’t the system go through the reboot process and then intelligently bring the system back to the state it was in before the reboot, with whatever applications and documents that were open before