Ad - leaderboard

Friday, October 21, 2011

Small businesses, beware the Office 365 fine print


Small businesses, beware the Office 365 fine print | ZDNet: "An obscure clause in the terms of service limits the number of recipients you’re allowed to contact in a day."
At $6 per user per month, the Office 365 P1 plan had a clear cost advantage, and this cash-conscious company was just about ready to make their decision. Until, ...
...Small business accounts are limited to 500 recipients per 24 hours and enterprise accounts are limited to 1500. Office 365 technical support was unable to tell me when the limitation is reset… They also said it is very difficult to upgrade from a small business to enterprise Office 365 account. I would need to create a whole new account and migrate the domain and users, so that is not an option.
...If I send a message to you and Cc: Mary Jo Foley, that would take up two of my allotted recipients. If I later in the day sent another message to just you, it would take up another recipient, even though I’d already sent a message to you. Unfortunately, 500 recipients when viewed in this fashion really isn’t that many.