Ad - leaderboard

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Computers I have known



1984 The Kaypro 10, with 10 MB hard drive, it was cool but ran CP/M.
included PerfectWriter, PerfectCalc, PerfectFiler, and PerfectSpeller, as well as Kaypro's own compiled S-BASIC (which produced executable .com files). PerfectFiler featured non-relational, flat-file databases suitable for merging a contact list with form letters created in PerfectWriter. Source: Kaypro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arthur C. Clarke lived in Sri Lanka while working on the movie version of his science-fiction novel "2010". He used his Kaypro II and a modem. source: Kaypro II computer
The Kaypro software suite: Non-Linear Systems - Kaypro Software
1981 The Commodore VIC-20 complete. I gave it to John 20 years later, he probably dumped it for me, since I didn't have the heart to do it myself. Commodore Vic 20 VIC-20 - DenialWiki

1978 The Franklin Ace 1000 ran Spreadsheets...Franklin Ace 1000 Computer

1972 IBM 370 APL


Antique computer prices and brands: Great Gifts for Graybeard Geeks