Ad - leaderboard

Friday, May 16, 2008

Life Logging -

The notion that you could capture and store your life for prosterity has been attracting many fans. Here are some technologies and sites that make it easier. The basic "camera" includes GPS property recording for every picture taken, infrared sensor to take pictures whenever a person approaches you, light sensor to take a picture when the light level changes (you exit or enter a building for example).

  1. LifeLog
  2. SenseCamPlay pdf
  3. familylifelog.com
  4. reallifelog.com//
  5. BBC life blog

On looking back at my entries, two things stand out.

  1. One, there are many items recorded that I am certain I would not have remembered otherwise.
  2. Secondly, the practice has helped to alleviate the illusion of time compression.* Years don't seem to zoom by so fast when I examine my recorded thoughts. It makes me realize how long a year really is and how much one can think and do during that time. It also brings to mind what was going on in my life and how much I have learned in the interim.

Life logging and the Generation Gap over Privacy: NPR audio 37 min

Overview of Lifelogging technologies Power Point

Ephemera Iran Most-wanted Iraqi playing cards

More thoughts on life logging : personalvalue.wordpress.com