Ad - leaderboard

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Windows VISTA help

English http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-CA/default.mspx
demonstrations http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-CA/demos.mspx
burn disk demo
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-CA/help/2af4c707-e006-4d47-a6a0-3086ac24a5bb1033.mspx

Vista - XP networking changes including vocabulary changes



  1. vista email Mail requires that the username include the @domainname as well.
    (undocumented to my knowledge)
  2. vista-XP network-map well presented info
    irregularities-in-workgroup-visibility
    install & test XP LLTD
  3. Enabling Network Mapping in Windows Vista in workgroup networks
    map is a diagram of the network - Before a computer running Windows XP can be detected and appear on the network map, you might need to install the Link-Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) download it complete LLTD details
    in domain networks
  4. If I map the network drive using the IP address I can access it. I was about to wipe the drive and do a reinstall. I don't wantto do that, though, so if I do something to fix my issue or use thisworkaround it should be workable enough for the time being.
  5. DHCP assigns incorrect IP addresses microsoft kb article 928233
    turn off firewall connect ethernet then turn on firewall fix
    reset the broadcast DHCP discovery bit
    Remember that DHCP servers are found by broadcast and whichever responds first is the server that will be used. This means that having different scopes and configs for the classes between two different servers will only work when the workstations happen to hit the correct server. I have a blog posting on high-availability DHCP that will explain making both servers work for the scopes. Hopefully this will help: http://techsterity.com/blogs/bestpractices/archive/2008/01/27/High-Availability-DHCP.aspx
  6. Lost or intermittent network access discussion microsoft kb article 928152
  7. Vista Ultimate client map network drives try
    i.e (M:\\ server123\userxyz)
  8. I get the "local access only" when I try to connect to an open network (Starbucks, hotels, airports, ...). I've tried most of what everyone here's tried (firewall on/off, disabling dhcp broadcast flag, disabling IPv6, ...) nothing has worked. I've seen some progress made when manually assigning IP addresss and DNS but not always an option when at an airport or other places.
  9. A set of possibly useful articles and tutorials about Vista
  10. Migrating to Vista using User State Migration Tool 3.0 basic
    Migrating to Vista using Windows Easy Transfer intermediate
    Images of Vista machines and upgrading techniques advanced
  11. Why Windows Vista's Fax and Scan is Worth Paying Attention to

Français - aide avec windows VISTA http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/fr-CA/default.mspx
demonstrations http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/fr-CA/demos.mspx

Printer sharing http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727037.aspx