Ad - leaderboard

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Oh No! A new Browser: Google Chrome

I didn't really see this one coming, but I'll give it a look.
  1. Maybe Google has gone a little goofy, but after reading the little comic book intro, I have to admit they may be onto something. It's FAST, it is STABLE, it seems to run at the same speed no matter how many site you are looking at. It runs on improved Javascript called V8, that runs in local machine code! Sound's like Google is starting to flex it's powerful muscles. I hope they remember their moto “Don’t be evil”.
    Why a new browser?
  2. Download
  3. I should have seen it coming, running all those Google Docs in Internet Explorer was starting to make me nervous. This Google Chrome is designed to work with all Google applications. I certainly feels very stable.
  4. The Open source browser movement will probably jump behind this one. It's a very powerful initiative, that will allow developers to create applications that run on the web instead of on a PC (or should I say, from the WEB and on a PC).
  5. Anyway, I see this is the way for GOOGLE DOCS to move to stage II: the move from DATA and PROGRAMS on your PC to DATA and PROGRAMS stored in the Internet cloud. Finally, the PC is well on it's way to becoming as ubiquitous and usable as a toaster.
  6. So next is the Google PC with no Operating System, just Google Chrome. It would be hot if it was cool. (Sorry for the thermal inversion)
  7. Seven Reasons Chrome Could Be Cool, from PC world.ca
  8. Seven Chrome-Related Concerns from PC world.ca

Things I like about Google Chrome
  1. It's Fast on startup and always seems to "just pop up" when you click an existing window.
    It is especially reasuring in GOOGLE DOCS where documents open faster than if they were on my PC!
  2. It's stable (not crashy) 
  3. The search on page is incredible! Just type and it instantly shows all occurences in yellow.