Ad - leaderboard

Friday, June 20, 2008

A day in Sevilla

We drive out to Sevilla this morning. I couldn´t find the "Barber of Seville" so we went to the cathedral (impressive and it was fun walking up the tower with the "ramp made for horses"). I was touched that they kept C.Columbus´bones on site in an impressive monument.

Then the Alcazar (beautiful gardens and sights). Lunch in a typical luxury restaurant for a bland ham and cheeze sandwich. It´s quite hot so we walk back to the Guadalquivir river and offer a final salute to Christopher Columbus´ dock.

Conversation turns to Chris de Burg's "Spanish Train"; and why not. Excerpt from album Video.

I´m having trouble uploading photos, but will try again soon. There isn´t as much Internet access as I expected in Spain.

My life reading list: Sevilla